Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Years Wasted?

So it has been a long time since I posted anything. I really want to start posting at least once a week. We will see how that goes.

So my last post was about me not really knowing what is going on in my life. That is pretty much the same. I still have a the same end goal of eventually opening a homeless shelter in Hilo. But I'm still not sure how that is going to come about. But I do have some news. I got a job in Kansas City for the next year. I start on June 13th. I leave Hilo in a few weeks and I am really excited. After working there for a year I want to start working on a master's. Where I am going to study and what are still up in the air but that is the general idea right now.

I moved here right after I graduated from college. That is exactly two years from tomorrow if memory serves. Watching all my friends graduate from Point Loma and going to a graduation get together here in Hilo I am wondering what I have been doing with the last two years. When you graduate they tell you you can do anything, your life is just beginning and other things like that. I agree with those things but I feel like they should also tell you things don't always go as planned. Not in a life is gonna suck cynical way but at least in an honest life isn't so easy way.

I came out here for ministry and I did that for a year and it all fell apart. I was hoping and wanting so much more. And now I find myself trying to figure out what is next in my life. Where will I live what kind of job I'll do and if school is gonna happen again.

Being a christian is hard. Trying to live a life worthy of the call of Christ is no easy task. I truly believe we are all called to something great. A life God has made for us. A way that we can truly impact the world for peace. I feel like I was brought to Hilo, Hawaii to find mine. We have a huge homeless population and the shelters and ministries aren't cutting it. they are doing what they can but it is not enough. These last two years have been far from picture perfect for me but I do feel that God has brought me here to show me the future. Now the question is how do I get to that future. I still don't know the answers but I am still looking. As I begin the next chapter I must continue to pray for the future and that I am faithful to the plan God has for me.

I want to say congratulations to all the graduates. Either from High school as you move onto college, or the college grads as you move onto life outside of school. It isn't easy but God has a plan. You will be challenged but you will grow. I am proud of all the guys who were freshmen on my hall when I was an RA. My little babies have all grown up!

No comments: