Monday, August 17, 2009

And the Blessings Keep Coming

The church I have been interning at in Hilo has offered me a position. I have accepted their offer. Today is my first official day of being the youth and young adult pastor at Hilo Church of the Nazarene.

I can't help but look back on my life and see how God has continually provided for me and made this moment in my life possible. Instead of going through my entire life I will just start with last summer. As many of you will know I interned at a church in Kaneohe on Oahu. This experience was amazing! I got to know a whole bunch of kids and work with some great pastors. Last summer left me longing to come back to Hawaii. This past school year I spent many hours praying that God's will be done in my life but if I could have a say I would like to be in Hawaii. I also spent many hours talking to Hawaii pastors trying to see if any church would consider having me.

I found out that the internship program didn't have very many people signed up and it might be possible for me to get my foot in the door that way. So I prayed and things worked out. I ended up at a church I didn't know anyone from. When I showed up the pastor had just left for almost a month. This was a very challenging time for me. I wasn't doing much youth ministry but amazing ministry was taking place. (For more information you can check my earlier blogs.)

It was a rough start but I feel incredibly blessed to be at this church. When the church offered me the position I told my parents and asked some others to start praying for me and God's will. I prayed for a couple of weeks and every time I brought it up with God I felt an amazing peace about the whole thing. So I was pretty sure I was going to stay. The next issue was a new place to live, a car, and a second job. Not small issues. So I began to pray about that. I hadn't accepted the position yet though. I continued to pray and I felt like God wanted me to report to the pastor that I was staying and the rest would fall into place. So that is what I did. I told him on Saturday and by Monday I had a good lead on a job, my housing and car issues seemed pretty much taken care of.

I am a few weeks out from that and I started my second job today. I move this week and I plan on getting my new driver's license tomorrow. I am stepping out into new territory for me. I am no longer the youth intern, I am the youth pastor. This is crazy for me! I must rely on God everyday. When I look back all I see is God's provision so I have no reason to believe that God will not provide for my future. But as my friends and family I ask you to keep me and my ministry and my church in your prayers. God is doing amazing things in Hilo and I am blessed to be a part of that.

1 comment:

Derf said...

holy balls congrats!!!